The Seal of Biliteracy provides recognition to high school seniors who are able to demonstrate a high level of proficiency in one or more languages in addition to English. The Seal of Biliteracy includes a certificate prepared by the NJ Department of Education and an appropriate insignia affixed to the student’s high school transcript. This Seal provides evidence of linguistic skills that are attractive to potential employers and college admission offices.
For more information: NJDOE Seal of Biliteracy
How will it benefit students?
- Provides nationally accredited means of demonstrating language skills to universities for the purpose of receiving academic credit
- Provides nationally accredited proof of language and biliteracy skills to potential employers
- Encourages study of languages, and the development of 21st-century skills and global competence
- October 13, 2023: Deadline to register for Seal of Biliteracy Assessment
- October/November 2023: Testing administration window
Read more about the requirements & required action HERE.
Additional information can be obtained by contacting Marie Germano at 609-893-8141 ext. 1120 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.