Flexible Spending Accounts

  • FSAs allow you to set aside an amount of money per pay, for "out of pocket" expenses, to have deducted from your salary and placed into one of two accounts described below.

    These deductions are taken on a pre-tax basis which lowers your taxable income.  FSAs can save you money!

    There are two types of FSAs: 

    • Unreimbursed Medical (URM) can be used to put aside money, up to $1,200.00, to pay for eligible medical care expenses for diagnosis, cure, treatment, or prevention of disease. Some examples are co-pays, vision care, Lasik, weight loss programs.  Click here for other eligible expenses.
    • Dependent Day Care (DDC) is used to put aside money to pay for your daycare costs up to $5,000.00 per year.

     You can only enroll into the FSAs during the month of April during our annual Open Enrollment period for expenses incurred from July 1 to June 30.   
    Flexible Spending Enrollment Form 

    • Election Irrevocability – You many not make changes before the beginning of the next plan year unless you incur a qualified change in status (as permitted by your plan) that affects eligibility.
    • Use-It-or-Lose-It-Rule – Money remaining in your FSA will not be returned to you at the end of the plan year. Any amount remaining after the end of the runoff or grace period will be forfeited.  Because of the use-it-or-lose-it-rule, it is important for you to carefully estimate your out-of-pocket URM and DDC expenses for the upcoming year.

FSA Contact Info

  • For Inquiries – 877-353-9487

    For Claims  -  877-353-9487, Option 2

    Submit Claims by fax to – 877-353-9256