2020-2021 Welcome Letter to Students & Families
Dear Newcomb Middle School Students and Families,
As the 2020-2021 school year quickly approaches, we are looking forward to providing your child with a positive and safe middle school experience! After careful discussion and consideration of all current circumstances surrounding school reopening, the administration and Pemberton Board of Education have decided to begin the school year September 8th 2020 on Full Remote Learning for all students. In-person learning in the Hybrid option will be postponed until Tuesday, October 13th, and parents will be notified by October 1st to confirm the official start date of the Hybrid program. Those students who enrolled in the Remote Program will remain in the Remote Program at least through the 1st marking period as previously discussed. A select number of special education students will attend in-person learning 2 days a week to receive required instruction. To help you prepare to begin our 2020- 2021 school year journey together, please read the following information:
- Student drop-off is at 7:55am and dismissal is at 2:40pm.
- HYBRID Students with the last name A-L will be assigned to the GREEN team and are to report to school on those designated days.
- HYBRID Students with the last name M- Z will be assigned to the GOLD team and are to report to school on those designated days.
- The school will be providing supplies for the students. Individual teachers may request additional supplies based on the specific needs of each class. If purchasing supplies prior to the first day of school, we suggest: Pens, Pencils, Pencil Pouch & a two strap Bookbag.
- ALL students are required to have a two strap Bookbag to hold their supplies.
- Physical Education Class: All 6th grade students are required to wear sneakers to participate in Physical Education class.
- 6TH Grade Immunizations Please see reverse.
- Any child who may qualify for free and reduced lunch should submit their applications via the online portal ASAP.
- In order to see your child’s schedule in the Genesis Parent Portal, you will need to review several documents prior, including our student handbook, technology agreement, and emergency contact card. Once you have read those documents, you can digitally indicate that you have been made aware of them, and your child’s schedule will then become visible.
We look forward to “learning together,” “making connections,” and seeing you soon!