Welcome to the Newcomb Nurse's Webpage!
Please click on any of the underlined words to view/print the form that is mentioned.
- All 11-year-old students entering 6th grade must submit a vaccine record proving they have received their Tdap and meningococcal Students that turn 11 after the start of the school year have 2 weeks after their 11thbirthday to obtain these vaccines.
**If you do not have health insurance or your health insurance does not cover immunizations, you may contact your school nurse for a referral to the Burlington County Health Department.
Medications: District Medication Policy
- Medication orders must be renewed every school year. Medications must be in the original pharmacy labeled containers and brought to the school nurse by a designated adult with the exception of life-saving medications. Contact the school nurse for details.
**Physician’s orders for procedures done by the school nurse must be renewed every school year as well. A letter or prescription from the provider is acceptable. **
Preparticipation Physical Exams (aka Sports Physicals)
- All students wishing to participate in sports must have a physical exam completed and documented on the state required form. Annual Athletic Pre-Participation Physical Examination Form
- You will also be required to complete the appropriate paperwork for medical conditions such as asthma, allergies, diabetes, etc. in order to participate.
- AHealth History Update Questionnaire for Athletics must be completed every 90 days or prior to a new seasonal sport (fall, winter, spring). The update informs us if your child has had any medical problems since his or her last physical. Explain all “yes” answers on parent form.
**Sports are not currently offered, however this may change**
It is important for you to let us know if your child will be staying before/after school, so the appropriate staff member can be trained.
Due to limited resources and very limited space, it’s important for you to keep your sick child at home. We’ll work with you by keeping your healthy child in school and calling you only when we feel it is necessary. Please review the Student Handbook - Health section (located on the district's webpage, under parents), it should be able to answer any questions you may have concerning medical issues at school.
Emergency Information Verification Form - It is important to make sure the phone numbers are correct and you provide emergency contact phone numbers. Please notify us of any changes. If you would like your child to be able to take generic Tylenol/ibuprofen at school, make sure to check “yes”, sign and date the form. We are not allowed to take permission from you over the phone, it must be in writing for legal reasons.
Asthma Treatment Plan - Fill out if your child has asthma and needs medication at school. Your doctor will need to fill out the entire form, sign, date and stamp it with the office's information. You the parent/guardian will need to sign the bottom of the form and complete the appropriate section on the back. Please note that students staying before/after school must follow those programs protocols concerning medication administration.
Anaphylaxis Care Plan & Food Allergy Questionnaire– If your child has any type of allergy (food, latex, bee, etc.) you will need to complete. Your doctor will need to fill out the entire form, sign, date and stamp it with the office’s information. You the parent/guardian will need to sign parts of the forms as well.
Diabetes Forms - Please contact the nurse concerning any diabetic forms. Most doctors’ offices will only use their forms concerning diabetic students. We will accept your doctor’s forms as long as no important information is missing per state law. If any needed information is missing, we will give you that section for your doctor to complete.
Pemberton Township Local Health Resources - A great resource for all of your health care needs.
Screenings - Screenings will be completed by the school nurse according to NJ state requirements. If you do not want your child to be screened, please notify the school nurse in writing at the beginning of the school year. A notice will be sent home of any deviations from the recommended standards and you will be asked to follow up with your child's physician.
Please call or e-mail me if you have any questions or concerns about any of the above information.
Jennifer Caruso BSN, RN, CSN
Marcus Newcomb Middle School
300 Ft. Dix Road, Pemberton, NJ 08068
p: 609-893-8141 ext. 1152
Google voice (609)389-9211
You can take a picture with your phone and text to the above google number.
Newcomb Nurse is available at 609-893-8141, ext. 1152 between 8:00-2:30 on school days or at email@example.com